Sunday, 15 January 2017



Things I'm thankful for today.

We took Katie out today.  It's been a month since her meds were adjusted.  It was like a new young woman.  Or perhaps the Katie I remember.  Her signing was incredible.  She didn't get stuck in ruts very much, by ruts I mean stuck on one word or topic that she keeps signing over and over and over again until she gets upset, unable to get out of the rut.  She even helped me remember signs I haven't used in ages.  I took the new communicator over to her place and she was using it and laughing because she kept picking "I want to go for a walk".  She tried all the buttons but remembered where "I want to go for a walk" was and kept purposely pressing that particular button.  She had a very short bout of anxiety when a woman got to close to her but I hugged her tight and told her she was safe.  The cape didn't have to be on the whole time and she even walked for a bit when we first got to the mall and there was almost nobody there.  Color me surprised and so thankful.

The weather has warmed up and I was able to take the dog for a long walk this afternoon.  I even took her into the deep snow to run off some of her energy.  The sun was shining.  It was lovely.

Supper is cooking, our granddaughter and her parents are coming over for supper.

I slept for twelve hours last night.  Wow did that ever feel good.


What are you thankful for today?



8 comments:

  1. Knowing you had a good day... having my own good day with making black-eyed peas, taking a walk with my daughter and a surrogate daughter, watching All About Eve, doing some yoga, enjoying a new French press for coffee, and getting a few more things put away around here... throw in a few more actions towards a positive shift in US politics... and yes... good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The news about your daughter sounds wonderful, and so do you as you tell it. Makes me happy to read that.

    Today I am thankful that I get another chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad about Katie. May this grace last and last and last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so thankful to hear this news of Katie. I'd love to see a new picture of her, too! As for me, I am so thankful for being in love with the most beautiful man I've ever known. Sigh. Swoon. Etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was good to read about your visit with Katie, reading that she seemed happy. I know that must make you happy, too. I am thankful for another day, a peaceful morning, for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This whole post made me smile. I am thankful that you have had this happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to hear about Katie doing well!

    I'm thankful for getting to have a lazy day at home by myself today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so Glad to hear that with meds adjusted you have witnessed Positive changes and Katie is having better days and thus so will you. We are still adjusting to our Grandson being taken off all his meds, it is a new experience... not better, not necessarily worse, just different. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete